Additional information for families, cyclists and walkers
Highchairs, stairgates, cots, and booster seats are all available. We also have a bouncing seat for a tiny infant, baby monitor, baby walker, changing mat, nappy bucket , pram with reclining back and baby toys, please ask.
Nappy laundering service
Nappies for Real ( 20 miles): firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 01782 816902
Nearest shops for nappies and baby food
– The Village store, Hartington (4 miles) www.thevillagestoreshartington.com
Baby sitting service
Babysitting available by arrangement.
- Butterton Village Hall has simple play equipment (1 mile)
- Tittersworth Reservoir Visitors Centre has a good children’s playground, (7miles)
- Buxton Pavilion gardens has a small train, ducks to feed and good playground equipment for all ages. (12 miles)
- Bakewell has a playground; children can feed ducks and watch trout. (12 miles)
- Monyash village has a playground behind the Bull Inn. (6 miles)
- The Greyhound in Warslow has a small children’s play area.
- Ashbourne has large park with good play equipment.
Indoor Soft play areas
- Ashbourne: Luna Lift Off (DE6 1HD, tel:01335 345735), 12 miles www.lunarliftoff.com
- Buxton: Little Rascals, 0 to 10yrs, (SK17 7LF, tel:01298 26512), 12 milesTwo Dales, Matlock: Little Monkeys. Super indoor play area, good coffee bar. Tel: 01629 736212
- www.little-monkeys.co.uk 12 miles
- Belper: Chucklebutties Lovely light indoor play area next to the river. Tel:(01773) 880123 www.chucklebutties.co.uk
- Leek: Kiddies Kingdom Indoor Play Area, (ST13 6BL, tel:01538 382333) 9 miles
- There is a list in the cottage of doctors, hospitals, nearest shops for nappies and baby food, swimming pools etc.
Parents are advised that there is a pond in the owner’s private enclosed garden.
Local Bus Services
– General Enquiries: Buxton, Bakewell, Ashbourne & Leek:
Tel: 0871 2002233
– Moorlands Connect: local pre booked bus serving villages around Leek. Route variable on request (will stop at Swainsley Farm). Book in advance (tel: 0300 111 8003) for journeys between 8am-6pm Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm Sat. Only £1.90 or £3.60 return any journey.
– Buxton/Warslow/Hartington/Ashbourne, service 442, tel:01298 812204
– Hartington/Bakewell, service 171, tel:0871 2002233
Country wheels. Private hire and taxi, Ipstones, ( 5 miles) Tel: 01538260012
www.metoffice.gov.uk tel:01870 9000100 or 01392 885680
Be safe, plan ahead and follow any signs
Protect plants and animals and take your litter home
Keep dogs under control
Leave gates and property as you find them
Consider other people
Cyclists and Walkers Welcome
You are most welcome to bring your own bikes, we have a shed to store them in. If you do not want to bring your own bikes we have some that you may borrow (adult bikes only). There are also cycling helmets and tools that you may borrow. We also have a drying cupboard if you get wet! In the cottage there are books and pamphlets about local cycle routes.
There’s lots of walking straight from your door – easy strolls for the less able and long distance trails for our more adventurous visitors! Each cottage has lots of information, books, maps etc and Chris & Liz are always available with suggestions.
– Ian’s bicycle service + repair, Warslow, mob: 07507945657
– eZe Rider, a mobile bicycle repair unit. Tel 0800043 1966 ezerider.com/
– Buxton: Mark Anthony Cycles, tel:01298 72114 http://activesport.co
– Leek: Halfords, Broad Street, tel:01538 370900
Cycle Hire – Manifold Trail
– Brown End Farm, Waterhouses, tel:01538 308313, ST10 3JR
Tissington & High Peak Trails
– Parsley Hay, tel:01298 84493, SK17 0DG www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/cycle/cycle-hire-centres/parsleyhay
– Ashbourne tel:01335 343156, DE6 2AA www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/cycle/cycle-hire-centres
– Middleton Top, tel:01629 823204, DE4 4LS www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/cycle/cycle-hire-centres
– High Peak Junction Workshops tel:01629 822831, www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/cycle/cycle-hire-centres
– Hassop Station, tel:01629 810588, DE45 1NW www.hassopstation.co.uk
– Blackwell Mill, tel:01298 70838, SK17 9TE
Outdoor Equipment Shops
– Bakewell: Track and Trail, Cotswold, Mountain Warehouse, Edge of the World, Millets, Rohan. Most open all week and on a Sunday. (9 miles)
– Buxton: Mountain Warehouse, Millets. Open 6 days a week (12 miles)
– Calver: Outside Ltd (12 miles)
– Hathersage: Outside Ltd, Go Outdoors, (16 miles)
– Ashbourne: Track and trail, (12 miles)
– Leek: Millets (9 miles)