Superb Barn Conversion
Originally a barn and corn store dating back to the 18th century, the Haybarn has been converted into superb holiday cottage accommodation. Constructed of local limestone, with gritstone dressing to doors and windows, the interior has beamed ceilings and a wealth of original features. All rooms have been carefully furnished and decorated to extremely high standards. A modern, deluxe kitchen with granite worktops has integrated appliances and a full range of cooking and dining ware. Look out of the French windows and marvel at the stunning views while enjoying the new, cosy, wood burning stove (Bio mass)!
From the kitchen a door leads to a separate lounge; a lovely, comfortable room which also has magnificent views and a newly installed wood burning stove, (Bio Mass). There is a flight of open tread stairs from the kitchen to a landing which overlooks the courtyard. The landing provides access to a modern, deluxe bathroom with bath/over bath shower, WC and heated towel rail. Also off the landing is a spectacular king-size double bedroom with vaulted ceiling and exposed roof trusses.
A separate, second bedroom has twin beds (which can be made into a king-size double by arrangement). This cottage will easily accommodate two couples but the layout (second bedroom leading off the master bedroom) means that it’s particularly suitable for families, especially those with small children. The second bedroom contains a Z-bed for an extra person.
All inclusive prices
- The cottage is equipped with a dishwasher, auto washing machine/dryer, microwave, fridge, freezer, flat screen TV, CD, DVD, I-pod docking station and Nespresso coffee machine. This cottage is fully equipped with everything you will need to make your holiday enjoyable.
- We have some additional equipment you may wish to borrow, free of charge: bread maker, hand blender/whisk and slow cooker. Please let us know before you arrive if you would like any of the above in your cottage.
- On arrival you will find kitchen roll, toilet paper, bin bags, tea, coffee, sugar, salt and pepper, aluminium foil, greaseproof paper, cling film, dishwasher tablets, washing powder, shampoo, conditioner, hand wash, and body lotion.
- Heating: the cottage has an electric heating system which is very effective in keeping it warm and cosy with a wood burning (biomass) stove also in the lounge.
- Linen (duvets), robes, bath/hand/kitchen towels are provided. All beds have mattress toppers.
- We can provide a cot, high chair, stair-gate, baby monitor, bouncing cradle and baby walker if required.
- Baby sitting by arrangement
- Leisure Centre complimentary pass (by arrangement) for visitors wanting to use the swimming pool, gym etc.
- We have some adult cycles for visitors to use (by arrangement). Cycle store, helmets and drying cabinet available.
- Free WiFi internet access (this is a rural area and our broadband is not Superfast but fine for emails and web browsing).
- We ask visitors not to arrive before 4pm so that we have enough time to get the cottage ready for you.
- We would be grateful if you could vacate the cottage by 9am on the day of departure.
- Regret no smoking or pets inside the cottage.
- Sunny courtyard with garden furniture, picnic table, BBQ and small shared paddock.