Perfect Romantic Hideaway
Facing south with unrestricted and amazing views of the Manifold Valley, the Old Byre is a superb cottage ideal for couples wanting comfort, peace and quiet. It’s been converted to the highest standards from a barn dating back to the 18th century and combines understated luxury with beamed ceilings and many original features. The Old Byre is one of the cosiest and most romantic cottages in the Peak District.
Comment from one of our visitors: “a little piece of heaven”
Downstairs there is a newly installed wood burning (Biomass) stove in the open-plan sitting room, dining room and new deluxe kitchen with granite worktops, terracotta floors and attractive rugs. The cottage is equipped with a full range of cooking and dining ware. A flight of open tread stairs leads to a galleried landing off of which is a lovely double bedroom with “views to die for” (the opinion of one of our visitors). Also leading from the landing is a modern deluxe bathroom with bath/overbath shower, WC and heated towel rail.
All inclusive prices
- The cottage is equipped with a dishwasher, auto washing machine/dryer, microwave, fridge, freezer, flat screen TV, CD, DVD, I-pod docking station and Nespresso coffee machine.
- Heating: the cottage is all electric and has an Economy 10 supply (heaters are recharged three times daily: 5 hours overnight, 3 hours in the afternoon and 2 hours in the evening) which is very effective in making the cottage warm and cosy.
- Linen (duvets), robes, bath/hand/kitchen towels provided. All beds have mattress toppers.
- We can provide cots, high chairs, stairgates, baby monitor, bouncing cradle and baby walker if required. Baby sitting by arrangement.
- Leisure Centre complimentary pass (by arrangement) for visitors wanting to use the swimming pool, gym etc.
- We have some adult cycles for visitors to use (by arrangement). Cycle store, helmets and drying cabinet available.
- Free WiFi Internet access.
- We ask visitors not to arrive before 3pm so that we have enough time to get the cottage ready for you.
- We would be grateful if you could vacate the cottage by 10am on the day of departure.
- Regret no smoking or pets inside the cottage.
- Sunny courtyard with garden furniture, picnic table, BBQ and small shared paddock.