Perfect Romantic Hideaway
Facing south with unrestricted and amazing views of the Manifold Valley, the Old Byre is a superb cottage ideal for couples wanting comfort, peace and quiet. It’s been converted to the highest standards from a barn dating back to the 18th century and combines understated luxury with beamed ceilings and many original features. The Old Byre is one of the cosiest and most romantic cottages in the Peak District.
Comment from one of our visitors: “a little piece of heaven”
Downstairs, we have just installed a wood burning stove (Biomass) in the open-plan sitting room, dining room & kitchen. The deluxe kitchen has granite worktops and a terracotta floor while the lounge is newly carpeted. The cottage is equipped with a full range of cooking and dining ware. A flight of open tread stairs leads to a galleried landing, off of which is a lovely double bedroom with “views to die for” (the opinion of one of our visitors). Also leading off the landing is a modern deluxe bathroom with bath/overbath shower, WC and heated towel rail.
All inclusive prices
- The cottage is equipped with a dishwasher, auto washing machine/dryer, microwave, fridge, freezer, flat screen TV, CD, DVD, I-pod docking station and Nespresso coffee machine. This cottage is fully equipped with everything you will need to make your holiday enjoyable.
- We have some additional equipment you may wish to borrow, free of charge: bread maker, hand blender/whisk and slow cooker. Please let us know before you arrive if you would like any of the above in your cottage.
- On arrival you will find kitchen roll, toilet paper, bin bags, tea, coffee, sugar, salt and pepper, aluminium foil, greaseproof paper, cling film, dishwasher tablets, washing powder, shampoo, conditioner, hand wash, and body lotion.
- Heating: the cottage has electric central-heating and a wood burning stove (which is very effective in making the cottage warm and cosy).
- Linen (duvets), robes, bath/hand/kitchen towels are provided. All beds have mattress toppers.
- We can provide a cot, high chair, stair-gate, baby monitor, bouncing cradle and baby walker if required.
- Baby sitting by arrangement.
- Leisure Centre complimentary pass (by arrangement) for visitors wanting to use the swimming pool, gym etc.
- We have some adult cycles for visitors to use (by arrangement). Cycle store, helmets and drying cabinet available.
- Free WiFi internet access (this is a rural area and our broadband is not Superfast but fine for emails and web browsing).
- We ask visitors not to arrive before 3pm so that we have enough time to get the cottage ready for you.
- We would be grateful if you could vacate the cottage by 10am on the day of departure.
- Regret no smoking or pets inside the cottage.
- Sunny courtyard with garden furniture, picnic table, BBQ and small shared paddock.