Magnificent Detached Cottage
Built of local limestone, and facing directly onto a courtyard with spectacular views, this superb, detached cottage is popular with couples and families. Converted from a coach house and stables this is our largest cottage accommodating from 2 to 7 people in comfort and luxury while retaining many original features.
From the entrance hall, walk into a magnificent lounge with vaulted ceiling, timber trusses and exposed woodwork. French windows have incredible views of the high hills surrounding Swainsley Farm. For our guests ultimate comfort we have just installed a new wood burning (biomass) stove and a very large flat screen TV.
Romantic gallery bedroom
A flight of open tread stairs leads to a romantic, galleried, king-size double bedroom overlooking the lounge. On the ground floor we have recently completed a major refurbishment of the master bedroom which now has a king-size double bed and a deluxe, en-suite shower room/toilet. There is also a deluxe family bathroom with bath/over-bath shower, WC and hand-basin. Both bathrooms have heated towel rails and under-floor heating.
A smaller bedroom has two full size single beds in a ‘bunks’ arrangement (suitable for adults or children). The cottage also has a folding single bed and so sleeps upto 7 people.
New Deluxe Kitchen
A new deluxe kitchen with granite worktops is equipped with a large American style fridge/freezer, hob, oven and a full range of cooking and dining ware. The kitchen has a high vaulted ceiling with lots of exposed woodwork and has stunning views of the Manifold Valley.
This cottage is very spacious and, with the exception of the gallery bedroom, all rooms are on the ground floor (making it suitable for visitors with limited mobility).
All inclusive prices
- The cottage is equipped with a dishwasher, auto washing machine/dryer, microwave, fridge, freezer, flat screen TV, CD, DVD, I-pod docking station and Nespresso coffee machine.
- Heating: kitchen, hall, family bathroom and en suite shower room all have underfloor heating. The lounge has a new wood burning (biomass) stove. The lounge and bedrooms also have Economy 10 electric heating.
- Linen (duvets), bath/hand/kitchen towels provided. All beds have mattress toppers.
- We can provide cots, high chairs, stair-gates, baby monitor, bouncing cradle and baby walker if required. Baby sitting by arrangement.
- Leisure Centre complimentary pass (by arrangement) for visitors wanting to use the swimming pool, gym etc
- Coach House has some facilities for visitors with limited mobility (please enquire).
- There is a price reduction for couples using only one bedroom in this cottage.
- We have some adult cycles for visitors to use (by arrangement). Cycle store, helmets and drying cabinet available.
- Free WiFi Internet access.
- We ask visitors not to arrive before 3pm so that we have enough time to get the cottage ready for you
- We would be grateful if you could vacate the cottage by 10am on the day of departure.
- Regret no smoking or pets inside the cottage.
- Small paddock with garden furniture, picnic table and BBQ.