Access Statement for the Old Byre
The Old Byre is part of a barn conversion, the original building dating back to the 18th or early 19thC. The cottage has an open plan lounge, dining room and kitchen on the ground floor with stairs to a landing, bedroom and bathroom/WC. If you require more information please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Booking /enquiries can be made by e-mail or phone.
- We are in a remote location and bus services are very limited, the nearest bus stop is over a mile away.
- The nearest train station is in Buxton 11miles away. Accessible taxis would have to be booked in advance.
- We can arrange for shopping to be delivered, please advise us of your requirements.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
Cars can be unloaded approximately 1m from the front door.
Parking is at the rear of the building, 35m from the entrance.
The entrance is from stone flags off a gravel courtyard.
The entrance has 1 step – 16cm high and the doorway width is 99cm with a 4cm threshold.
Lounge, Dining Room, Kitchen (6.1m x 4.6m)
- The downstairs is open plan with terracotta tiles and rugs.
- The lounge area has a three seater sofa 196cm long (with arms), a pine windsor chair (unpadded) and coffee table.
- TV, CD and DVD with remote controls.
- Dining area has a circular pine table 101cm diameter and 77cm high with 2 padded pine chairs (no arms).
- Kitchen worktop is 91cm high and the oven door is drop down (height of lowest shelf is 38cm).
- The sink is 91cm high with cupboards underneath and the hob is 91cm high.
- The kitchen is evenly lit with spotlights above work surfaces providing good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces.
- A larder fridge (lowest shelf 20cm). Separate small chest freezer, 80cm high.
- Mini dishwasher has a pull out loading tray which is 35cm high.
- The kitchen has a washer/dryer (front loading, centre of door 50 cm from floor)
- The downstairs area is very spacious with at least 130cm between all furniture and worktops.
Stairs and Landing (4.6m x 1.1m)
Bottom of stairs is 150cm from the front door. Stairs are carpeted and open tread with hand-rail leading to a well lit galleried landing. Stairs are 80cm wide and there are 11 steps 20cm high.
The landing is carpeted.
Bedroom (3.6m x 2.9m)
- Door width is 80cm and leads from the landing.
- Victorian cast-iron double bed (4’6”) floor to top of mattress 55cm.
- Bed is movable if more space is required to one side.
- Non feather duvets and pillows provided.
- Sheets, duvets and pillow cases are cotton.
- Pine wardrobe 188cm high 90cm wide.
- Pine chest of drawers 96cm wide 93cm high.
- Folding travel cot stored under the bed.
Bathroom & W C (3.6m x 1.65m)
- Door width is 70cm and leads from the landing.
- Modern contemporary fully tiled bathroom with white suite consisting of a corner WC, bath with shower over and glass screen, hand basin.
- Bath height 54cm. Space between wall and bath is 95cm.
- Toilet seat height 40cm
- Well lit (halogen lights) and with mirror and shaving light. Shaver point 180cm from floor
- Hand basin has no pedestal. Height 86cm.
- Chrome electric towel rail
- Gravel courtyard with spectacular views looking south down the Manifold Valley.
- Garden furniture, barbeques, planted troughs and hanging baskets.
- Two small grassed paddocks.
- No mobile reception
- WiFi internet access
- No pets
- No smoking
- Cot, high-chair and stair-gate available on request
- Grid Reference: SK 09104 57675
- Accessible taxis: Buxton 01298 72121, Leek 01538 387777
Chris and Liz Snook, Swainsley Farm. Butterton, Nr. Leek, Staffs ST13 7SS.
Telephone: 01298 84530
We welcome your feed-back, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
This statement last updated 30 March 2010